Friday 1 February 2008

Look What I Made!

I haven't been doing any scrapbooking because I've been busy making this for my gorgeous girl. Isn't she lovely? Okay, so I am biased.


I got the pattern for free here (http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60485.html). If you want to download the pattern, you will need to sign up for an account. It's definitely worth it because they have stacks of really cool patterns.


I made it with Anchor Magicline No. 2 cotton in the pink colourway that I picked up on sale at Spotlight earlier this summer. I made a size medium for her, but if I had it to do again, I would make a medium, but make the bra cups in size large and modify the pattern accordingly. This is because the cups seem a little small and don't seem to cover as well as I would have liked at the sides. My version is also two rows shorter than the pattern calls for because I ran out of yarn (they only had so many balls in the sale bin). I didn't worry about it being about 3cm shorter because it is an adult woman's pattern and my girl is only 11 and not yet adult height, although she is taller than a lot of the shorter women I know.


I'm in the middle of another project, which I will share when I have finished and taken some pix.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow that top is awesome. Is it knitted or crocheted?? Hmm may even have to make me one!

Aeron said...

It's crochet...guess I should have said that.

Anonymous said...

G'day Aeron,
I found my way to your blog & it has been a great read. OMG!! I thought the top you made was sewn, as in material... I'm in double awe knowing it's crcheted... Fabulous!! Danged if I'd have the time or patience to crochet that. Lovley colours & Keely looks like she loves it as much too. I am not sure how often I'll get here as I tend to forget about blogs but when I do remember I look forward to seeing & reading what you're up to. Top stuff...