Tuesday 26 February 2008

What I've Been Up To

I've been slack with posting, but with good reason. I have been busy creating. So today, I'm going to take the time to share my latest looming projects. Up first is a scarf and hat set I made for my gorgeous daughter. Be kind, it is my first ever project on my new round looms. They are made with Moda Vera Dazzle, in the Blossom colour. Because it is a bulky yarn, I used a single strand.




The scarf is twelve stitches wide and I'm not sure how many rows long, but a lot. I used three balls to make it. The hat was done on the second largest loom. I didn't make a brim because I like the way it looks rolled up at the bottom. The little flower was a crochet embellishment I picked up on sale at Spotlight for only 50 cents (regular price was about $4). I was going to crochet something to put on it when I found this one.






This is my gorgeous girl modeling the fashion scarf I made for myself. It is my second ever looming project and I so love the way it turned out. It is made with Moda Vera Medley, colour no 54 (which is pink, red and green). I fell in love with this yarn when I first saw it and I just had to get some. I made the scarf with a single strand of yarn. It is 14 stitiches wide and I used three balls to make it.





This is a close up showing this amazing yarn. I can't wait to get some more in another colourway to make another one!





This is a winter hat I made. My first hat, but third project on my round looms. I made it on the largest loom so it fits me, but is a bit big for my girl. Her pony tail kind of fills it out though.



The brim is made with Moda Vera Flurry (not sure of the colour because I can't find the ball band but it is pink, rose, silver and charcoal grey), 1 strand, and Moda Vera Wisp, colour 48 (which is a lovely charcoal colour with little shiny flecks), 1 strand, held together. The Wisp is one of the softest and prettiest yarns I have ever seen. I have some more of it in a soft pink colour to make something for my girl. Anyway, I get distracted. As I said, I used one strand of each for the brim, I worked about 12 rows then made the brim then I changed to two strands of the Wisp to work the rest of the hat. I worked about 20 rows or so, not exactly sure, but I got to the end of the ball so I did the gathered top and finished it off.


Below is a close up of the hat, just to show you how soft and pretty the yarn is.

That's it for today, but I have to tell you I will have more the share very soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic jobs!! They are all so cute and so is your model. :) I've been knitting baby hats like crazy and am getting reading for a kid/adult size today - wish me luck.

Can't wait to see what else you come up with!

Anonymous said...

Those are all wonderful... I really love that last hat!

lisa said...

They're all absoutely stunning!!! I wish I was even 1/2 as clever as you are.

Hugs, Lis xx