Wednesday 9 January 2008

Altered Canvas

I made an altered canvas to give to my mother in law for her birthday at the end of last year. It's fairly simple, but I like it, and so did she. So I guess that is a win-win. I picked up a bunch of these canvases at Riot Art when they were having a moving sale. I got 4 of this 6x6 size and 4 in 8x8 as well. This is the first one I have altered, but I have some great ideas for the others too.

The background was painted with MM paint (I mixed a darker pink and white to get this pale colour). The flower paper is Daisy D's. After painting the canvas, I stuck the paper down with Craft Smart Glaze Paste then gave the whole thing a coat of Glaze Paste. Then I attached the matted photo of my gorgeous daughter.

The flowers are Prima, the jewel brad is Bella.




I'm not sure what brand the ribbons, rubons, beads and stickers are.





The butterfly was part of a sticker sheet I picked up at the $2 shop...what a bargain.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI DAUGHTER NICELY DONE NEVER NEW YOU HAD THIS BLOG JIM TOLD ME ABOUT IT A FEW MONUTES AGO KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK IT WAS SURE NICE TO SEE
MUM