Thursday 10 January 2008

Adventures at Taronga Zoo

I've been too busy to do any scrapbooking at the moment (even though I got some very yummy goodies for Christmas), but I will get around to doing some pages and sharing them here eventually. I promise. In the mean time, I want to share with you some pictures taken at Taronga Zoo on the weekend. It was an overcast day and it rained off an on all day (with hot, humid sunny spells in between the showers) but that didn't dampen our spirits or stop us from having a fabulous time. In fact, I think the rain kept the crowds away, so it meant we didn't have to wait long to get close to the enclosures or stand in any queues.

I'll start with a couple of my favourite Aussie animals. I love this picture of a 'roo mum with her joey peeking out.



Who can resist taking a picture of a sleepy koala...certainly not me. How cute is this?



And one of my own cuddly koala....well, okay, it's my daughter with a giant stuffed koala, but she is cuddly anyway.




Don't you just love elephants? Well I do. The new elephant enclosure was amazing, and so were the elephants. They can be so entertaining to watch.


Time to spot the zebra. (I'll give you a hint, it's not the one in blue!) This is hubby posing with his stripy cousins....LOL.


This was one of the few gorillas that would show its face. Most of them were sitting with their backs to me. I guess they're over getting their pictures taken.


On the other hand, these paler skinned, furless ones were happy to pose for some pictures. Actually, this is me with my daughter posing with some gorilla statues outside the gorilla enclosure.


And some more pictures of my cheeky girl with some statues. First with a komodo dragon.



Then with a seal near the newly constructed Great Southern Oceans area (which isn't fully open yet).

Hubby had to get in on the act too. Look and him with a penguin on his head!

Hubby gets a free ride on a richshaw in the Asian enclosures area. Look at the girl pedal...LOL. Actually, I have a picture of the reverse as well (her riding him pedalling....well pretending to). There were several of these rickshaws scattered around the walkways.

1 comment:

lisa said...

looks like ALOT has changed since i was there 12 months ago... might have to venture back!