Sunday 30 March 2008

Long Time No Blog

Well, I've been a bad blogger. I've been so busy doing stuff I haven't had time to blog about it. Now I have some catching up to do. It's going to take a few posts to get back up to speed. I still have to scan/photograph some of the stuff I want to post here, but I will get around to that....eventually. In the meantime, I will show you just a few of the layouts I have been working on. These are all from the pictures I took when we visited the Gosford/Edogawa Commemorative Gardens. If you visit the area, I highly recommend a short visit to the Gardens, they are beautiful and best of all they are free. In fact, so is the ajoining art gallery!


This first lot is part of a six (yes I said six) page spread just showing off some of the gorgeous gardens, ponds and statuary. I kept them very simple because I didn't want to detract from the photos themselves. I used cardstock from my stash, patterned paper from a MAMBI pack I got a Spotlight a couple years ago, tiny eyelets from my stash, a bronze gel pen for the journaling and I used my Fiskars Shapecutter to cut out the title. The first two-page layout below opens (barn door style) to reveal the four-page layout (further below) on the inside. I just use extra sticky double-sided tape to stick stick page protectors to the edges of the page protectors in the album to make a (or in this case two) double-wide pages that fold into the centre of the album.



This next one is a layout of my two favourite people (my hubby and daughter of course!) feed the koi at the Gardens. This one uses some Rusty Pickle papers and alpha stickers that I have had floating around my stash for awhile, cardstock fibres also from my stash, and Heidi Swapp photocorners.


This one of my gorgeous daughter hanging out in the Tea House uses a bunch of papers from that KI Memories stack I'm always on about, ribbons I got on special at Spotlight a little bit ago and letters cut out using my Fiskars Shapecutter...oh...and a gel pen for the journaling.


I had a riot doing this next one. I know it's a bit funky do dah but like it. The window in the Tea House is round, but because I took the photos on an angle, it looks oval, so I decided to use lots of ovals on my layout. I had these really cool oval patterned papers in that famous (or is it infamous?) KI Memories pack and the matching solid came from the same pack too. I used my Fiskars Shapcutter to cut all the oval shapes and the title and a gel pen to journal. I love these silhouette photos, they look so cool with the view of the garden in the background.



No comments: