Sunday 30 March 2008

Flowers and Celebrations

I promised more great layouts, and I tried really hard to find some, but these were the best I could come up with. As you can see, I am still really behind on my scrapping, but I am getting caught up....slowly.



One afternoon we were heading down the peninsula to Patonga and whilst passing through the national park we realised the Waratah were blooming so we pulled up, when for a bit of a hike and I shot some amazing photos of the NSW state flower. This layout, I'm proud to say, uses all scraps from my scrap bin, other than the full sheet I used for the background. All of it is Bazzill I think, it sure looks like it anyway. I cut the tag and title using my Fiskars Shapecutter and added a ribbon from my stash and some penwork using pink and green gel pens. I wanted to keep this one really simple to let the photos really stand out.





These are photos of some of the other wildflowers (or maybe their just pretty weeds) that I snapped on the same day. This layout uses patterned paper from The Paper Company and Chatterbox. The cardstock, fibres, and flower cutouts all come from my stash. The title uses letters cut out using my Fiskars Shapecutter and letter stickers from Club Scrap. By the way, we did eventually make it to Patonga that day, just a little later than planned.





This one of my MIL birthday uses some more of those fab papers from the Flea Market collection from HOTP. I added some matching Bazill card, ribbon from my stash and chippy letters I got from the bargain store. The tags and labels come with the paper collection, I just used a brown gel to journal with.





This one is of my daughters year six graduation day. All of the patterned papers, stickers, tags, labels and embellishments come from a Daisy Hill album kit I got from Big W in Dubbo, NSW over a year ago. I just loved the colours of this kit, and they worked with these pics. I added a couple of bits of yellow cardstock from my stash.





This last one documents the first, and one of the few, swimming days of the summer. Everything on the layout, papers, cardstock, rubons, tags, chipboard, stickers, etc is from TLC. The only extra bits are some ribbons from my stash.




No comments: